Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bully, For You

Bully, For You
by Beau Maysey
Somewhere, once, did gay mean happy?
Did we bask in innocence?
When did the dark clouds roll on in,
And immerse us in darkness intense?
Are you trying to break my moral compass,
And burn all of its remains,
You’re already big, and strong, and armed,
Tell me, what is your aim,
Ten thousand lies and butterflies,
Pull me steeply off my course,
If all the world’s a pleasant stage,
Then I’ve had no time to rehearse,
I want to reach in and pull out your soul,
And find the goodness within,
I want to relinquish you from the darkness,
I want to take you away from the sin.
We are all trapped here on this sphere called Earth,
At least we should all get along,
Where did our continuous melodies break,
And create ten thousand broken songs?
When you call me a name, just what do you mean?
What is it you hope to intend?
When you give me a push, and I don’t intervene,
I tell you I want this to end.
My system works on a system called trust,
Its old- fashioned now,
But can we still connect and let evil rust?
Let’s give an honest vow.
When exactly did you die in your heart,
And live only to live on,
Conquering and defeat is not forever,
So try to look beyond.
Was there a time that gay meant happy?
And a time that everyone cared?
And a time when the weak and the lonely were spared?
Where’s that world where no one’s scared?
I’m going to try and ignore you now,
Don’t take offense at all,
I want to help you but you’re dragging me down,
Your fight just isn’t my call.

1 comment: